Sunday, July 11, 2010

exercising, reading and family stuff

It's been awhile since I have posted, so I thought that since I am at my computer, I'd better check in!
I have been busy these days going to my water aerobics clases, I am going every day except Sundays in the morning, and also in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's nice to have a routine going, and I am enjoying it so much. I have been trying to do Qi Gong after class with some of the other ladies, but am not sure if I am into it that much. It's really easy, but sometimes I feel out of sync with the others when we are doing the exercises, so I get frustrated. I haven't joined them in a couple of days, and they are encouraging me to join them again. Let's see how that goes..... I haven't been doing the exercises that the physiologist gave me, thinking that the aerobics is enough, but I think I am going to start again, it can't hurt!

I have rediscovered reading! I got a Kindle for my birthday (I may have posted that already), and in the first few weeks I read 4 books! It's strange buying books since I have usually been against it, since I can always go to the library and borrow them, but I rarely take the time to go there! So the Kindle is a good option, when I have the money. I have also joined audible.com, and have gone crazy listening to audiobooks! It's a totally different experience than reading, especially if the narrator is good. So far I have listened to about 5 books, and my all time favorite has been 1000 Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini. What a great story! I read the book before, but listening to it was so much more personal. I am now listening to The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, which I have seen the movie, so I know what is going to happen at the end. That kind of spoils the story a bit, but it's still interesting to listen to.

I got a letter from Jesse the other day, and I need to write him back soon. He knows that I am not happy about the situation he's in, and I am going to try to not yell at him too much. I certainly help that this time in prison will sink into his head, and he might learn his lesson. But knowing how he is, I almost doubt it.

Jeremy is doing well in Vegas, although he is still a bit lonely there. I think he is going to be ok though, he's finally going out and meeting people, and is really happy when he has friends come to visit from Phoenix. I will have to go up there to see him too, after he gets settled in his new house.

Kaity is the same as always. Working and spending time with Simi. We had words they other day, and feelings got hurt, but things are ok now. I just hope that she finds her way in this world, and that she starts seeing things as there are in reality, not through rose colored glasses.

Well, that's about it for now. I''l write more when I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment